Suppliers & Major Contracts
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO LOCAL PURCHASE ORDERS
- All goods sold by Vendor under this Purchase Order shall conform to Buyer’s specifications and shall be fit for the purpose of uses for which they are bought. All goods shall be free from hidden defect. If the goods are sold by sample, they shall conform to the sample. Buyer shall have the right within 30 days from the receipt of the goods to notify Vendor of non-conformance with specifications or sample and to reject the goods. With respect to any defect that might appear in the goods within one year from the date of its delivery under this Purchase Order, the buyer shall have the right to notify the Vendor about the existence of such defect within 30 days from the date of its appearance and thereby the buyer retains all the rights set forth in these Terms and Conditions.
- Vendor assures Buyer that neither unpublished technical data nor the direct products thereof furnished to Vendor by Buyer in issuing or placing this order will be revealed or disclosed directly or indirectly to others unless expressly authorized by Buyer through written consent.
- Liability for risk of damage for ordered goods will rest upon Vendor until actual delivery to Buyer Take place.
- Any vendor who secures and supplies materials under this purchase order the importation of which is prohibited under the laws of Saudi Arabia will be responsible for any damage, cost or expense incurred by Buyer as a result of the supply of such materials including but not limited to fines, transport costs and cost of any confiscated goods.
- If any delivery of goods is made under this order, which is not in accordance with the terms and conditions of this order. Buyer reserves the right to reject such goods. In addition, Buyer will have the right to cancel all or any part of this order delivered or undelivered and to retrieve any paid amount or expenses without obligation toward Vendor and without prejudice to the Buyer’s right to claim damages or to enforce any other remedy provided by law.
- The prices shown on this order are deemed to include all taxes or duties not expressly imposed by Law on the Buyer unless otherwise indicated. This Order is placed with Vendor upon the understanding that the prices charged are not in violation of any pricing regulations and the vendor’s acceptance of this order shall constitute vendor’s warranty or compliance with all such regulations.
- It is not allowed to assign this order or any right of any kind that could arise under it, or to waive it to a third party without Buyer’s written consent.
- If the absence of written consent from the Vendor for this Purchase Order, shipment of any part of the goods or performance of any part of the required services under this Purchase Order constitutes acceptance of all the terms and conditions of this Purchase Order without reservation.
- This Purchase Order shall not be modified or amended except by a written consent signed by the Buyer and accepted by the Vendor.
- The Arabic language of terms and conditions is the authorized language in interpreting and executing this Purchase Order. If there is any discrepancy between the Arabic and English texts, the Arabic text shall prevail.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO FOREIGN PURCHASE ORDER
- The Vendor named on the face hereof shall be bound as though embodied herein by the general conditions, specifications and drawings applicable to this Purchase Order so far as these are relevant and which may be inspected on request. No allowances shall be made to the Vendor for alleged inadequate descriptions contained in enquiries.
- Delivery shall be effected at or within the time specified. If delivery is not so effected, the Buyer shall have the right to cancel this Purchase Order but without prejudice to their rights of legal action for breach of contract.
- Goods delivered in a damaged condition shall be replaced immediately by the Vendor once required by the Buyer. Such goods shall be replaced without extra charges with goods in perfect condition complying with the requirements stated in this Purchase Order and the specifications referred to in clause (1) herein.
- Goods supplied shall conform to the specification referred to in clause (1) hereof and shall comply with the requirements of the Buyer or their representatives. Goods not conforming to specification and requirements may be rejected wholly or in part and rejection may take place at the time of delivery or subsequently. On any such rejection occurring the Buyer shall have the right to cancel this Purchase Order and to obtain supplies elsewhere and any paid amount or loss resulting or extra expenses incurred by the Buyer shall be charged to the Vendor whose goods have been rejected. No payment shall be made for rejected goods which will lie at the risk of the Vendor.
- Inspection by the Buyer or his representative of the goods supplied under this Purchase Order shall not relieve the Vendor of responsibility from any defects in goods which may be subsequently revealed.
- Any order placed by the Vendor with a third party for goods required for the order shall be placed with a reliable person or concern and the Vendor under this order shall obtain approval for the placing of any such order from the Buyer if and when required to do so.
- Any Vendor who secures and supplies material under this Purchase Order which is prohibited under the laws of Saudi Arabia will be responsible for any damage, cost or expense incurred by the Buyer occasioned either directly or indirectly as a result of the supply of such materials including but not limited to fines, transport costs and costs of any confiscated goods.
- Payment will be made in Saudi Riyals or other currency lawful in Saudi Arabia in a form agreed by both Vendor and Buyer.
- The Terms and Conditions set out herein in this Purchase Order between the Vendor and the Buyer shall exclude any other terms and condition that could occur.
- All prices shown on this Purchase Order are deemed to include all taxes at point of origin and export unless otherwise indicated or required by law and do not violate any pricing negotiations current at that time.
- The execution of this Purchase Order or any part thereof by the Vendor shall be deemed to be an acceptance of and willingness to comply with the terms and conditions herein.
- In the context of this Purchase Order the following will be deemed to apply:
- Buyer : Saudi Cement Company.
- Vendor : Supplier – Manufacturer or Party named on the face hereof.
- Any dispute between Buyer & Vendor shall in the first place be settled amicably by direct negotiations; if no settlement has been reached arbitration shall take place at Dammam and be governed by the laws of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
SHIPPING INSTRUCTIONS/DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR VARIOUS SHIPMENT MODES
CUSTOMS ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT FOR ALL SHIPMENTS:
- Each item/part must be labeled with the Country of Origin. As per Saudi Customs rules and regulations, Country of Origin/Manufacture should be fixed on the materials by label (Unremovable), Engraved, Sewed, Printed, Pressed or otherwise as per nature of products. (Make label for regions such as made in EU is not acceptable). COUNTRY OF ORIGIN must appear. Failure to do so, materials might be returned, detained or subject to a penalty of SR5,000.00 . All above will be at vendor’s risk & cost.
- In all shipping documents – Invoice, Bill of Lading, Airway Bill, FCR, Packing list, Certificate of Origin – consignee must be given as ’’SAUDI CEMENT COMPANY’. Even marking it to the attention of any of our employees by name or job title is prohibited. Documents should not indicate names or designations of any company’s officials (including yours) / forwarding agent’s name/name of agent or third party-not even as “Notify” or as mode of dispatch. However, Bank names are permitted.
- Commercial invoice showing detailed and full specifications of items and itemized price. Original duly certified by Chamber of Commerce/Industry. Any free of charge item include in the invoice must have, separately, unit/ total price for customs purpose.
- Certificate of Origin duly certified by the Chamber of Commerce/Industry. Manufacturer’s Complete names and addresses must appear under the
heading “Manufactured By” anywhere in front or reverse side as required by Customs.
- Chamber of Commerce legalization for above documents is NOT required for shipment by COURIER for a value of US$10,000.00 or less.
- SASO Certificate is required for all electrical appliances. Please refer SASO website: ⦁ www.saso.org.sa for further details.
- Packing list indicating package/case nos.(Sr.Nos ….), total number of packages/cases, number of pieces (units) of each item/part in each package/ case and gross and net weight of each package/case. A copy of packing list should also be kept inside each box.
- Bill of Lading (3 originals) or SCHENKER FCR /HBL for sea shipment. Airway Bill for air shipment & way bill for road shipment..
- Ensure strong packing tightened with nylon/steel straps to avoid any damage during transit. Heavy packages/containerized cargo must be on pallets as per Saudi Port rules.
FREIGHT FORWARDER DETAILS:
- SEA FREIGHT:
Please contact (before moving the cargo) our freight forwarder:M/s.Schenker Deutscland AG, AttrnMr. Corinna Brandes, Schenker Deutschland AG, Abteilung Nah-Ost, Bei den Muhren 5, 20457 Hamburg. Tel. # ++ 49 40 / 36 135 – 305, Fax. # + 49 40 /36 135 – 557, e.mail Corinna.Brandes@dbschenker.com who will arrange necessary consolidation & shipment on our behalf.
Please contact (before moving the cargo) our freight forwarder M/s. Schenker Deutschland AG, Attn: Mr.Carsten Goebel, Product Management Airfreight Germany , Area Manager, Asia/ Africa / Near- Middle East,Schenker Deutschland AG, Langer Kornweg 34e, 65451 Kelsterbach — Germany Tel. # ++ 0049-6107-74-709, Fax. # + 0049-6107-74-509, who will make necessary consolidation & shipment on our behalf.
- ROAD TRANSPORT.
Please dispatch copies of documents and advise vehicle registration number, country of registration, driver name, ETA Saudi border and name of entry border post prior to arranging the shipment from point of origin.Note: Contact us if any other mode of shipment is economical/convenient due to weight/volume.
- SHIPPING MARKS ON CONSIGNMENT FOR ALL SHIPMENTS:
SAUDI CEMENT COMPANY,
DAMMAM, SAUDI ARABIA
MADE IN……….(COUNTRY OF ORIGIN)
- SHIPPING ADDRESS FOR SEA /AIR/COURIER & AIRPARCEL POST
SAUDI CEMENT COMPANY,
P O BOX NO.306, KING SAUD STREET CROSS #3,
DAMMAM-31411, SAUDI ARABIA.
TEL: 966 (03) 835 8000/8358241, FAX #966-03-8345460 OR 8343091.
Please indicate Plant Site Name as mentioned in our Purchase Orders for shipment by ROAD.
- ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS TO BE DISPASTCHED AS UNDER:
- Payment directly by SCC against documents or pre-payment:
Original shipping documents to be sent to us directly through courier.
- Cash against documents through bank:
Original shipping documents to our Bank and copies to us.
RIYAD BANK, P.O. BOX NO. 2090, DAMMAM-31421, SAUDI ARABIA FAX NO.966-3-8325088 SWIFT CODE: RIBLSARI
- Letter of Credit:
Original legalized documents as required under L/C and as mentioned in clause 2 above to be dispatched to the opening bank.
- SHIPPING ADVICE:
Fax/e-mail immediately, upon shipment complete shipping details along with copies of shipping documents.
- IMPORTANT NOTE: Any CHEMICAL/HAZARDOUS items not to be dispatched unless we provide you the required import license number. Send us safety data sheet for such items in order to obtain the required import license.
- Any penalty/demurrage imposed by customs or expenses for returning of goods due to noncompliance with any of the above requirements/late receipt of documents shall be charged to vendor’s account.
NOTE: You may contact our Customs Clearance Section for any clarification regarding shipping documents on telephone No. 966-03-835 8240/8241 (Mr. Mosa’ad S. Shuhail), e-mail address:
firstname.lastname@example.org or (Mr. Jiffry B. Akram) e-mail address: email@example.com